We are looking for an experienced Tax Accountant to join our successful, full-service, CPA Practice.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, environment. Must have a positive attitude, and ethics and values that support company values. Plays a vital role a strategic business partner with the businesses and organizations that you serve . Must recognize the value of using financial tools outside of the tax field (e.g. investment vehicles/insurance/mortgages) to help clients achieve their financial objectives. This position has partnership potential for the right individual.
If you have long-range dedication and are willing to invest your talent and skill into an organization that rewards results, this position is for you. If you are an up-and-coming Tax Professional with a following we will help you as you grow with us.
Bachelor's degree in accounting required
Master of Accounting/Tax preferred, can substitute for some experience
CPA (registered or licensed)
Demonstrated, on-going continuing education
The equivalent of 3 years of solid experience in public accounting, that includes preparing individual and corporate tax returns, including complex or multi-state returns. Experience with partnership, exempt and estate tax returns a plus. Tax planning, tax research, payroll & sales tax, preparing compilations and financial statements and general auditing (a plus).
Proficient use of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Ultra Tax, QuickBooks, and Excel.
- Prepares individual and corporate tax returns, including complex or multi-state returns.
- Prepares payroll and sales tax returns.
- Prepares compilations and financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Performs bank and general ledger account reconciliations using Quickbooks.
- Uses Microsoft Excel to gather, summarize, and manipulation data in support of compilations, financial statements, and audits.
- Resolves issues related to IRS notices/tax audits on behalf of clients.
- Researches tax and accounting rules to comply with current tax/accounting regulations using online databases such as CCH and RIA. Communicates findings to supervisor and clients.
- Daily client contact and management/development of client relationships.
Email your resume to Julie Davidson at Julie.email@example.com